- For the bottle gourd:
- 250gm bottle gourd
- ½ -tsps. Salt
- 2 tbsp. oil.
- For filling:
- 4-6 potato boiled and mashed
- ½ cup chopped onion.
- 1tesp. Ginger, green chili paste.
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- ½ tsps. Dry mongo powder.
- ½ tsps.. Coriander powder.
- 2tsps. Chili powder
- ½ tsps.. garam masala
- 1 tbsp. oil.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2-4 clove
- 4 -6 tomato (puree)
- 1tbsp. ginger green chili paste
- 1tsps. Coriander powder
- 1/2tsps chili powder
- ½ tsps. Garam masala
- 1 tsps. Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2tbsp. chopped fresh coriander.
- Peel the lauki place it in a pressure cooker with cup of water and salt ,pressure cook for 1 whistle and cool.
- Scoop out the inside pulp of the lauki .
- Discard the pulp and keep the scooped lauki aside.
- Stuffed the scooped out lauki shell with the filling mixture and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and shallow fry the stuffed lauki till brown spots appear on all the side. Remove and keep aside.
For the gravy:
- Heat the oil in a pan add the cinnamon and clove and fry 1 min, add the tomato puree, ginger green chili paste, coriander, chili, garam masala, sugar and salt and simmer till the oil separates.
- Add ¼ cup of water and bring to boil .
- To serve cut the stuffed lauki into 25mm thick slices and place them on a serving dish pour the hot gravy over stuffed the lauki slices.
Garnish with coriander and serve hot.