1. Aloo Dum
- 20-25 baby potatoes
- oil to deep fry
- 1-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 large onion paste
- 1-tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 large tomato puree
- ½ tablespoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste.
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Peel, wash and prick potatoes with the help of a fork. Keep in salted water for fifteen min.
- Heat sufficient oils in a kadai and deep fry the potatoes till golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds. Onion ginger garlic paste, sauté for 4-5 min.
- Add spices and again sauté for 2-3 min till the oil floats on the top.
- Now add tomato puree and saute for 2 min,add potatoes and required water cook for 5-8 min.
- Serve hot and garnished with coriander or ginger strips.