- 8 tomatoes
- 6-8 potatoes boiled and mashed
- ½ cup grated cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1-cup gram flour
- ½ tsp. red chili powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- ½ tsp. mustard seeds
- Heat oil in a kadai add the mustard seeds turmeric powder, red chili powder ,salt and mashed potatoes mix well , remove from heat set aside and cool.
- Grated cottage cheese, salt and black pepper in a bowl mix well keep aside.
- Now whisk the gram flour , chili powder, turmeric or salt with approximately 1-cup of water in a deep bowl to make a smooth batter set aside about 10 min.
- Divide the both mixture in eight equal portions, and remove pulp from the tomato and stuff tomato with potato mixture and top with paneer mixture.
- Heat sufficient oils in a kadai dip the stuffed tomato in the gram flour batter and deep fry till golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with green chutney.