- 1-cup moong dal (green gram split)
- 1-cup warmed milk
- 1-cup water
- 11/4 cup sugar
- ½ tsp. cardamom powder
- a few saffron
- 6 tbsp. ghee
- 2 tbsp. chopped almond
- Soak the moong dal in water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain and grind to a coarse paste.
- Dissolve the saffron in 1 tbsp. of warm milk and keep aside.
- Melt the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the moong dal paste and stir the mixture continuously on a low flame till it become golden brown.
- Add in warm milk and water cook stir continuously till all the mixture has been absorbed.
- Add the sugar and cook on a slow flame till the ghee separates.
- Add the saffron and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with almond, serve hot.