2-cups coriander leaves
- 1-cup gram flour
- ¼ cup mixed flour (millet and rice flour)
- ½ cup yellow lentils (soaked and in a fine paste)
- 4-5 green chillies finely chopped.
- 1tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp. white sesame seeds (till)
- 1tsp. poppy seeds
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1tsp. turmeric powder
- 1tsp. garam masala
- 1tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. asafetida
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow fry
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl add a little water to get a thick batter.
- Grease a flat-bottomed vessel with oil and pour batter into it.
- Steam it, or pressure cook without its weight for around 20-30 min over a medium heat.
- The skewer inserted in the middle should come clean when it cooked properly.
- Let it cool properly before you UN moulds it.
- Cut it into desire shapes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and cook both the sides till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Serve kothimbir vadis as snack with any chutney or sauce.